How to Apply to the MENG Program
Students seeking to apply to any of the concentrations in the MENG degree program at UConn are able to do so through the main graduate admissions application process, which is outlined below. If you have any questions, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help guide you through the process.
Typical applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Baccalaureate (B.S.) degree from an accredited institution in an approved discipline
- If your baccalaureate degree is not within engineering, please contact the PE office for further assessment
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for the entire undergraduate record or for the last two years
- Four semesters of Calculus
Applicants must also satisfy all the Graduate School admission requirements. The Master of Engineering program does NOT require GRE for admission, however students have the option to send scores if they have taken the examination.
- Summer Semester: April 1
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Application – Apply – (Please select Engineering (MENG) as “Field of Study and Degree”)
- Transcripts – Have “Official Transcript” sent directly to Graduate School
- Resume – Upload within application
- Personal Statement - Within application, provide a paragraph or two about your background, interest, and your career goals and how the graduate degree will help you achieve your goals
- Residence Affidavit – Upload within application and send directly to Graduate School (not required for international students)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation – Online submission procedure within application process
- Letters should be from faculty at previous institution and/or current supervisor or manager
- Clinical Engineering concentration requires one of the two references to be from a clinical engineering supervisor or director
- Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants only)
The application fee is $75 and must be paid online with a credit card.
Please mail transcripts to:
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269
Checking the Status of Your Application
To check the status of your application at any point, please refer to the Status Checking page.
Ready to Apply?