MBA/MENG Dual Degree Plan of Study
The standard MENG program is 30-credits and the standard MBA program is 57-credits. With the dual MBA/MENG degree, you are exempt from 15 credits in the MBA curriculum, bringing the total number of credits to 72.
There are 30 MENG and 42 MBA required for the MBA/MENG dual degree program . There are 12 program required credits for MENG:
- ENGR 5311 – Professional Communication and Information Management
- ENGR 5312 – Engineering Project Planning and Management
- ENGR 5314 – Advanced Engineering Mathematics (Please note that this course is substituted by a concentration elective for MSE students).
- ENGR 5315 – MENG Capstone Project – Students are encouraged to work on a company sponsored project which would also benefit the participating sponsors.
The remaining 18 credits can be focused in a specific MENG concentration (except Global Entrepreneurship) or a General MENG.
There are 36 core credits required for MBA:
- ACCT 5121 – Financial Accounting and Reporting
- ACCT 5123 – Cost Analysis and Control
- BADM 5103 - Statistics and Spreadsheet Modeling
- BLAW 5175 - Business, Law, and Ethics
- FNCE 5101 – Financial Management
- FNCE 5151 – Introduction to Economics
- MGMT 5138 – Managing Organizations
- MGMT 5650 - Interpersonal Relations, Influence, and Ethical Leadership
- MGMT 5800 – Strategy, Policy, and Planning
- MKTG 5115 – Marketing Management
- OPIM 5110 – Operations Management
- OPIM 5185 – Introduction to Data Analytics and Managing Information Systems
The remaining six (6) credits are electives, which can be taken in any field of business. One of these two electives must be an MBA elective with either international or global in the title in order to fulfill the international requirement.
It is recommended that students take coursework by School each semester. We offer classes during fall, spring, summer, and intersessions, helping students to complete the dual MBA/MENG program in just four years.